Monday, October 02, 2006

Life!!!

At the airport
I'm delayed
oh no! I'm not worried
I know I'll be there
change of planes
change of plans
and I enter into a bar

Crazy it is
inside the bar
someone catches my eye
and you know who?
oh yeah! you're right
it's the evergreen bartender
sporting a black T shirt
with a wry smile
tired of the lot
oh boy! she is hot
listening to everyone
talking to none

she is making
drinks after drinks
she is pouring
beers after beers
and here I'm
waiting for my drink
a corona with lemon

As I take the seat
she walks in
dressed in red
she wakes up the dead
look into eyes around
and you'll see
imagination knows no bound

is it she or the crowd
that makes me scream loud
she asks for a martini
with a cigarette in her hand
and she looks around
I walk up to her
to give her the light
and to board my flight

I'm already in the air
lighter than the smoke
and I just ask myself
isn't life a bad joke?

[7th Oct 2005]

P.S. This was written in the air :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Toska said...

Ah..an amazing case of almost-fatal combustion

I know now what I shd write...

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home